Contact: Finance Ministry
And I made treasurers over the treasuries, Shelemiah the priest, and Zadok the scribe, and of he Levites, Pedaiah: and next to them Hanan the son of Zacur, the son of Mattaniah: for they were counted faithful and their office was to distribute unto their brethren . - Nehemiah 13:13
The purpose of the Finance Ministry is to maintain all required financial record keeping on behalf of the Antioch Baptist Church under the cognizance of the Trustee Ministry. This Ministry operates using a check and balance system that ensures accountability under the most extreme scrutiny. This ministry is also relied upon for guidance and recommendations when potential financial decisions are faced or crisis arise.
The Finance Ministry consists of the following positions:
The goals of the Finance Ministry are a compilation of responsibilities mandated to each component of the Ministry. These goals include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Secretary
- Chairperson of the Budget Committee
- Voucher Examiners
- Office Manager
The objective of the Finance Ministry is to ensure that the financial standing of the church is accurate, current, and can withstand the scrutiny of Federal, State and Local requirements.
- ensuring that the financial status of the church is current and accurate at all times;
- reports are provided to the church at regular intervals or when requested;
- all aspects of the churches financial responsibility are carried out with reliability and integrity with the entire churchs interest at the forefront.
The duties of the Finance Ministry are as follows:
Members of this Ministry should have financial knowledge as well as be trustworthy, reliable, spiritual, and mature. The members serve for an unlimited term as long as grounds for removal outlined in the Churchs by-laws do not apply.
- report church income and expenses weekly
- accurate posting of ALL income and expenses (including ministries dues) weekly to the churchs financial database;
- maintain permanent electronic records of all financial responsibilities and temporary hard copy records of the same;
- ensure review of each voucher request to ensure accuracy of all payments;
- process Employees payroll;
- reconciliation of all bank accounts monthly;
- ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local reporting requirements;
- ensure compliance with all annual auditing requirements;
- available to membership for all viable financial concerns.